Velox develops and manufactures industrial-grade direct-to shape digital decoration solutions for the rigid container industry. Its proprietary technology, based on uniquely formulated inks and dedicated deposition architecture, introduces an entirely new approach to digital printing that is poised to disrupt the packaging decoration market. Velox’s commercial solutions include industrial-grade digital decorators for mass production of tubes, aerosol cans and beverage cans. They deliver superior decoration quality and capabilities that outstrip the benefits of analog printing solutions, while allowing a more efficient and flexible production process, a low total cost of ownership (TCO), and outstanding sustainability. Velox is powered by an expert team with uniquely wide-ranging experience in digital printing, led by veteran executives with proven success in driving company growth.
Velox is seeking a System Integration Engineer for the R&D team in a multidisciplinary environment. In this position you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Delivering solutions to issues found in the machine in R&D & field environments
- Lead integration of complex multidisciplinary systems E2E.
- Define and customize technologies to address system requirements
- Take part in the development & Testing of multi-disciplinary systems (mechanics, pneumatic, electrical, electronic, control, software, chemistry, etc.)
- Define and perform tests (DOE) on jigs and a on a full-scale system.
- Analyze data gathered in a test into an organized detailed report.
- Derive conclusions to be implemented in the field/on the machine
- Work in collaboration with all R&D matrix eng. (Electrical, SW, Ctrl., Mechanical…) & Module owners.
- Draw required information, Data, and knowledge from the field via the customer service group.
- Ability to understand & build multidisciplinary systems.
- Characterize a problem and solve it.
- Ability to see and understand a complex system
- Practical knowledge of sub-system, structures and mode of operation including the SW interface, logics and the relevant electronic schemas.
- Disassemble or assemble and calibrate any sub-system or any system function related parts.
- Set jigs, sub system. including planning and execution of the setup.
Characteristics & Background
- B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Familiar with motion technologies and components
- Familiar with ink delivery systems - an advantage
- Experience with digital printing machines - an advantage
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative
- Team player with Excellent communication skills
- High learning and development ability, wide systemic vision, ability to work Independently