Velox develops and manufactures industrial-grade direct-to shape digital decoration solutions for the rigid container industry. An entirely new approach to digital printing – based on uniquely formulated inks and dedicated deposition architecture – our proprietary DTS-Inkjet technology is poised to disrupt the packaging decoration market, delivering superior decoration quality and capabilities that outstrip the benefits of analog printing solutions, while allowing a more efficient and flexible production process and a low total cost of ownership (TCO). Founded in 2012 with the backing of visionary investors, Velox is now experiencing exceptional growth with new customers and a strong pipeline. We’re always on the lookout for extraordinary talent, to innovate new technologies and join us as we trail-blaze into digital printing’s future.
Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
Provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Research and develop new platforms, hardware, and strategies for control and monitoring of multidisciplinary equipment, includes PLCs, safety, HMIs, network, vision, motion and process control.
- Design and development complex products and platforms, testing and integration, solution design, analysis, coding.
- Design, write, and debug PLCs using Structured Text with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Responsible for developing system and sub-systems Reliability and Consistency
- Responsible for platform sequences synchronization, sequences robustness, “On the fly” compensation methods and maneuvers
- Address, investigate and solve complex technical issues involving Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Pneumatics, Software, Control and Sub modules
- Define and drive complex calibrations methodology
- Define and develop “ease of use” solutions and diagnostic tools for service engineers, technicians and operators
- Collaborate in complex engineering reviews, supply feedbacks, support testing and evaluate shelf products
- Design network topology strategies, remote accessibility, diagnostics, backups, data collection
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in integration & testing of motors, encoders, actuators, sensors, PLCs, drivers, controllers.
- Hands-on experience in integrating & testing high volume manufacturing equipment & multidisciplinary systems
- Experience in overall architecture of SW & control, interaction with hardware, database and fieldbus networks such as Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, and safety for products and solutions.
- Experience developing company standards and reusable code for programming, Beckhoff, ACS, or similar PLCs.
- Knowledge of the behavior, configuration, performance, and limitations of industrial PLCs.
Education And Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and implementing of control and motion systems consist of HW, SW, Motors, Drivers, and controllers – Must
- Hands-on experience in integration/testing/troubleshooting of multidisciplinary systems – Mus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering, or equivalent.